Below for your convenience is a list of the most frequently asked questions
answered by our sales and support staff. A list of FAQ's regarding RFQeXpert are also
available. If your question is not answered here,
let us know.
- "What does a subscription to DefenseData cost?"
- "What types of data can I find on DefenseData?"
- See our data section for a list of databases and their contents.
- "Can more than one user access a single user subscription at one time?"
- No. Access to Defensedata is sold on a "per concurrent user" basis.
Subscriptions to the system are inexpensive and multi-user discounts
make them affordable for your entire organization.
- "Do you offer multi-user discounts?"
- Yes. Up to ten users can be registered online right now and have immediate access to
the system. See our pricing page for discount details.
- "Do you have xxx information for xxx number in your database?"
- Our databases contain over 100,000,000 records of information and
we cover all NSN's published in the MCRD.
- "Is DefenseData like xxx software?"
- The DefenseData system was designed from our vision of what would be a simple
and inexpensive way to access large amounts of logistics information via the Internet. Since
no systems like this existed at the time, we took our previous experience using and
developing these type systems and designed our own. DefenseData may
contain the same information as another product, but any similarities to other
"software" based, CD-ROM products or legacy systems is purely coincidental (on our part anyway :').
- "Is DefenseData related to xxx product?"
- Defense Solutions Group also developed, owns and operates APLS "The Advanced
Procurement & Logistics System" ,ElectronicsData , "The Aerospace &
Defense Electronics Resource" as well as the new RFQeXpert system. In addition
Defense Solutions Group is a Joint Electronic Commerce Partner with the U.S.
Department of Defense providing EC services to the U.S. Military and their
- "Why do I need cookies enabled?"
- The Internet is a powerful tool for delivering information, but it allows
system developers few ways to verify their users. By accepting a non-persistent
cookie (it is removed each time you close your browser) we are able to maintain that the user accessing
an account is who it is supposed to be. This protects our users as well as DefenseData
from possible fraud and misuse.
various convenience features within DefenseData. Without having a
as intended and may cause errors.
- "Why do I need SSL enabled?"
- All information dealing with your account/personal information on DefenseData
is encrypted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This allows
relatively safe transmission of personal and financial information via the
Internet. Most browsers will give a visual clue when information is being
sent via SSL (usually in the form of a lock image in the lower corner of your
browser). Without SSL we cannot responsibly accept or transmit sensitive
information to your computer.